Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pakistan's Best Heritage Site: Lahore Fort

One of my all-time favorite UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in Pakistan is Lahore Fort. I absolutely adore the grandeur and splendor of Alamgiri Gate of Lahore Fort.
Lately during one of my recent visits to Lahore, I stole a few minutes while travelling on GT Road to capture some images of Lahore Fort, that I promised to send to a friend abroad. Since I did not have much time at hand, so while I was entering Lahore on a family trip, I just parked my car in the parking lot, brought ice cream for kids and went inside to take the photos.
It was a long time since I visited this place but I found it as magical and attractive as ever before.
Lahore Fort and Badshahi Mosque face each other and offer a great heritage tour, if someone plans to visit there. Where else can you find so many historical places in near vicinity to each other?
Although "Lahore Fort & Shalamar Gardens" is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Danger, but still Lahore Fort is a huge fort with a lot of historical buildings, monuments and gardens. Badshahi Mosque has a magnificent museum depicting various items of Muslim history. Between these two mammoth structures lies the Bara-Dari (Building with 12 doors), that you can see in the above picture as well.
Minar-e-Pakistan (Minaret of Pakistan) is also located across the road, which is a modern architecture building. It was constructed to commemorate the passage of Pakistan Resolution on 23 March 1940.
I will get some more photos to share with you as soon as I visit the place again - which I am anxiously waiting as well.

2 comments:

  1. My partner and i still casbonnot quite believe that I could become one of those studying the important points found on your site. My family and I are reallysbobet thankful on your generosity and for providing me opportunity pursue the chosen career path. Thanks for the important information I managed to get from your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lahore is one of the great place according to History. You can fine amazing fort where you realize Badshahi empirement. If you are looking to visit over there, find more information about Cheap Tickets to Pakistan .

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails